Skip to main content

March windfall


Had an awesome experience at Half Price Books today finding both a signed, first edition and a note card between giver and receiver inside one book as well.  This stack is completely from the clearance section (between $2 - $3 per book) and contains titles that have been on my 'want to read' list for quite a while.

I also found a women's daily devotional from 2013.  It really fell into my hands because of it's gorgeous leather cover and warm red color.  I'm a softie for a daily read.  Something to look forward to, build routine around and the daily experience of finding a quote or a passage intended for that day truly resonates with me.

Atop this stack is a recent clearance mug find as well.  Its for tea with its rounded base and smooth finish.  When I drink tea I tend to cradle the mug so it works as a hand warmer as well as a beverage receptacle. This is a good one!

March came in like a lion with the cold winds and overcast skies.  Here's to a productive and relaxing March!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books That Help Me Through

  Today I'm recreating my version of Oprah's "Books That Help Me Through" with a stack of my own version. These amazing books are each part of my growing stack of 'helpers'. Each came into my life at a different time and helped me through what I was going through at the time. Now is one of those times in our country, with our family and friends that we need to finish the year strong. Here's my stack: 10% Happier - Dan Harris Leaving the Enchanted Forest - Liana Beckett Learning to Breathe - Priscilla Warner Rising Strong - Brene Brown Real Happiness - Sharon Salzberg A Year by the Sea - Joan Anderson A Woman's Journey to God - Joan Borysenko Tell Me More - Kelly Corrigan I'm also in gratitude for my awesome new t-shirt from Jocelyn who makes the most amazing products. She designed my graphic and also a really great raising mental health awareness water bottle! She's fantastic. Please visit her Etsy shop Marked by Jo. There's a link on home ...

My daily bag

  My daily bag! Here's a tote made lovingly by my husband.  I chose the leather color and texture as well as the color of the straps.  It was custom-made!  My one request was a large pocket on the outside - particularly for sunglasses and keys.  And yes, there are two additional pockets on the inside. During quarantine and all our time at home he taught himself leabthercrafting and this is one of many of the projects he has completed.  Since then we've attended a few leather shows together where crafters share the work as well as suppliers allow you to demonstrate their tools and machines.  Its fascinating and I've gone from 0 to 50 in a short time learning all about his new hobby.   The great part is that there's always a quiet corner that I can find with my book when I've exhausted by interest and he's still at it.  So now to this book! The Girls in the Stilt House by Kelly Mustian (April 2021) " Set in 1920s Mississippi, this debut Souther...

Becoming

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 What a wonderful experience to spend 18 hours of Michelle Obama sharing stories, advice, struggles and accomplishments hearing it in her voice. "An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former first lady of the United States In a life filled with meaning and accomplishment, Michelle Obama has emerged as one of the most iconic and compelling women of our era. As first lady of the United States of America - the first African American to serve in that role - she helped create the most welcoming and inclusive White House in history while also establishing herself as a powerful advocate for women and girls in the United States and around the world, dramatically changing the ways that families pursue healthier and more active lives and standing with her husband as he led America through some of its most harrowing moments. Along the way, she showed us a few dance moves, crushed Carpool Karaoke, and raised two down-to-earth daughters under an unforgiving media...